Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."
October of 2008 has come and gone, how scary for time does fly! 1 month and and like 22 days until Christmas...seriously where has this time gone?wow.
Thanks to everyone who has constantly kept me in their prayers and thoughts. Likewise..I am trying to do the same...as I am slowly working on remembering to pray ...I even have a prayer list beside my bed:) so please if you need prayer send me and email or post back and tell me what you want me to pray for!
This week has been nothing but Hermeneutics work and Spiritual formation papers. We had class with Merrill Dyck from Monday until Friday, and I can say I did have a few things stick in my head that I hope to use while trying to interpret the bible for the rest of my life. Very interesting class that's for sure...and man is the bible complex a lot of the time!
So here's what I did this week besides class and hw:
Monday-ultimate Frisbee against old Kaleo students (they came for a week to visit), chapel down by the beach with a camp fire, and scared one of the girls next door...lol it was hilarious:) no she does not hate Miranda and I.
Tuesday- A person came for chapel that has been doing missions trips in Cambodia, I learned a lot from her and got to talk with her for all of lunch. REALLY INTERESTING!
Wednesday-saw some deer:) and worked away at hw
Thursday- Heard some stories from old Kaleo's of where the are at now. God blessed my group by being able to pull together the project and focusing!
Friday- Group project worked really well (puppet show on 2nd Peter -so obviously Deborah made it a bit funny:D) went into Duncan and bought a hand puppet:) i will add pics of him next time:) and ill introduce him then too:)...got stuff for our Christmas child box, that Miranda and I are making.
Saturday- Worked in the Kitchen from 10am until 7:30 pm...I did a ton but had a fun time doing it! between 2-4 I was taking kids off the zip line ..so that was an enjoyable break. Tried to do homework until 3:30 am...didn't work so slept for 2 hours
Sunday- woke up at 5:30 and went into the kitchen to make everyone breakfast, we had a guest group here...so there was A LOT to make:) went to church -helped out with children's church, cleaned room (btw I changed around my room for the third time mom and dad lol its so me:P), did hw, supper and now going to get a London fog, have staff games night/kaleo game night, go back and work on my paper that I so stressed about, and then to bed.
That's my week:)
Youth was cancelled because of Halloween, but I didn't even trick-or-treat anyways:P Just stayed in like a good college student.
Prayer Requests:
1) On Tuesday I am going to go talk to people on the streets of Victoria. I have a few pairs of new socks to give out(cool idea the kaleo students are doing), and a sandwich. I am really nervous, and I just pray God gives me the words that I am supposed to say to these people. It is going to be quite the experience!
2) I am nervous to go caving tomorrow. Apparently we get into a pretty tight squeeze..and there are spiders around:O
3) for friends that are going through some hurts here in Kaleo and in Taiwan.
4) For pastor Ross (old pastor of peace portal)to stay strong
5)For my paper to form. I am really struggling with writing this paper:(
6)Also for my youth group, I didn't get to see them last week (because I was working), this week was cancelled because of halloween, and next week is cancelled too. I just pray that they are doing well and following God. I miss the kids a lot:)
I love you all and wish you all a happy month of November!
Much love,
as always KEEP SMILING
fisk/debb
No comments:
Post a Comment