Friday March 27th
-ran to Crofton beach
from 11:00 am till 5:30 we were talking about each groups missions trip in a circle. What experiences we all did have! wow oh wow! Blessing by God.
-youth group we made t-shirts with paint (mine said "take a moment to... (smile (on the back)). We had some fun goofing off, dancing, and having paper airplane competitions. After youth I treated Natasha the youth leader to DQ, and Ben I and Natasha just had some chill time together talking about life.
28th
-ran with Malayne...hw
-Leila my roommate got re-baptized that was really encouraging.
-had a great day of hw, and enjoying some convos.
29th
Ben and I lead Sunday school together because the Sunday school leader was sick. We had a lot of fun, making crafts, memorizing a bible verse, and reading the bible story. Ben and I work pretty well off of each other so it was a lot of fun leading! I love those little hyper kids.
-played some soccer and volleyball.
30th
First class with Cal our teacher, he knew me right away because he is friends with my Dad and Uncle...thus I HAVE TO IMPRESS! hahah
-listened to a sermon from Youth Quake again after class by myself.
-played indoor hockey against the staff which brought up my mood!
31st
-ran with mir to the beach again and saw the most beautiful sunrise!!!
-girls all had lice from missions trips (we discovered it this day...only 3 girls were free of it..and even boys got some eggs!)
-4-10:30 washing hair, picking lice, helping each other (boys were shaving their heads)
April 1st (my bday:D)
2:00 am i pranked the girls hallway with Jesse...put toilet paper all over the hallway...and in my girls room i wrapped their bed posts and chairs with so much toilet paper...it was really fun!
-parents made my birthday by surprising me with cupcakes, flowers and balloons...and they are all the way in Taiwan so that was so cool for them to organize that for me...if they didn't do that it would have been a regular every day!
THANKS MUM AND DAD I LOVE YOU!
2nd
worked out with Malayne after class.
had a great chapel service and had a great study session with Ben tom and Paul for our exam the next day.
3rd
got no sleep because i had to finish 3 papers for cal's class. so i made it an all nighter! (thankfully Ben gave me a caffeine pill and i stood up in class all day just so i wouldn't fall asleep!
-exam was hard but i hope i passed it..played some volleyball after to celebrate being done classes!
-youth was so good this week...we got to enjoy a sunny evening playing all sorts of field games and later playing on the most amazing play ground! so good! i love seeing kids imaginations and just in general getting outside to play. I had a lot of good conversations with kids, especially one girl who calls me her sister and is having a rough time because she has to change foster care parents and she likes where she is. so please pray for her!
4th
-down today because i found out last night mark was in the hospital, so tom andJake prayed for me and mark right away...that was a blessing!
-had dinner with Janet and Oliver with Ben and I ...plus two of their kids (and one of the kids is married so she was there too)...it was a great time of talking and eating and just learning more about my community in my church.
-ben and i walked/biked home telling stories and kept talking till 10:30 at night
-had a few more good convos and then went to bed.
5th.
-Church i was in Sunday school again. great time like usual.
-after that our drivers that take us to church each Sunday (Ian and Delia) took us out to Rickie's
so that was so sweet.
-after that I played some piano and then some volleyball
and after dinner I cleaned up my room, blogging, writing some cards and yah that's basically my day.
Praise items.
-I want to thank God for the experiences he has given me in kaleo
-for the kids i have been able to meet and embrace.
-that my brother is out of the hospital and doing better.
Prayer requests
-for the girl in my youth group that is changing foster homes
-for Natasha and a few issues she is experiencing at work
-for our church Ladysmith
-for two more papers to do and so little motivation
-for some disappointments I am struggling with.
-and finally for friday night..we are having each of the churches youth groups that kaleo has been involved in all year long come to camp and have a time of worship all together and enjoy a worship band with us. I pray its a rocking time for these kids.
much love!
and keep smiling
Deborah
Fish
(this is my second last week!! grad is on the 19th!)
No comments:
Post a Comment