I guess I will start out with a Psalm I wrote for Theology class:
As soon as I draw close to you Lord, my enemy attacks.
Are you still protecting me?
Are you holding me up in your arms?
For there I am safe, I am covered by your wonder.
My will cannot persevere through daily attacks, but with your strength I can do anything.
Lord help my eyes fix upon you, keep my path straight.
As I pray I am already wandering, Lord how truly ignorant am I!
Shake the mountains; show me your anger, yet all you show is mercy.
Lord of mercy, I do not understand!
Lord of mercy, why do you keep me as your own.
I rebuke you, I stray, I am covered in sins.
Still, day-by-day you come to my feet and wash the dirt away.
My Lord takes it all, and now I am free, I am white as snow.
Look at the load he carries, it is taller than the tallest mountain, yet it is not a burden for you Lord.
You are too powerful, how truly magnificent you are.
Remind me of your mercy, so I may be faithful under attacks.
Let the enemy cower away at the sight of your work within me.
I give thanks to you Lord, for your mercy and love.
Let praise come from my lips unto your name until my life ends.
And even then I will sing your praises in heaven with the angels.
Are you still protecting me?
Are you holding me up in your arms?
For there I am safe, I am covered by your wonder.
My will cannot persevere through daily attacks, but with your strength I can do anything.
Lord help my eyes fix upon you, keep my path straight.
As I pray I am already wandering, Lord how truly ignorant am I!
Shake the mountains; show me your anger, yet all you show is mercy.
Lord of mercy, I do not understand!
Lord of mercy, why do you keep me as your own.
I rebuke you, I stray, I am covered in sins.
Still, day-by-day you come to my feet and wash the dirt away.
My Lord takes it all, and now I am free, I am white as snow.
Look at the load he carries, it is taller than the tallest mountain, yet it is not a burden for you Lord.
You are too powerful, how truly magnificent you are.
Remind me of your mercy, so I may be faithful under attacks.
Let the enemy cower away at the sight of your work within me.
I give thanks to you Lord, for your mercy and love.
Let praise come from my lips unto your name until my life ends.
And even then I will sing your praises in heaven with the angels.
Hope you all enjoyed that.
This week cant really be determined as a good or bad week, busy or light. It was just a week, a bit of everything from everywhere.
A few main points of this week:
-Theology class was so amazing. It really stretched my brain with the christian community, marriage, and the church. How one should not be motivated to find a church that serves them best, but find a church where one's gifts can best be used. We need to serve the church, and the community within it, just think how amazing churches would be if we all followed that theology! (We have theology class monday and tuesday morning, so that we don't fall asleep in the afternoon like we all were this week). Mornings are amazing, afternoons are a bit hard, even the teacher was getting sleepy, so its a good thing we are doing it like this.
-Didn't get to go ice-skating with Kaleo, because I have 3 weeks where I can't hit my head, so I was a bit annoyed at that. Enjoyed watching all the Canadian kids own once they got skates on though!
-Learned a great new game called Phase 10!
-Exam for theology of mission went well, I feel confident coming out of it.
-Lots of good conversations throughout the week.
-Watched a movie called Hot Rod (there is a lot of cloverdale (where I used to live) in the film so I was super excited about that!)
-Lots of reading/work this week.
-Played piano for 1 hour and 30 mins straight. Jer came along to listen and sing once we got to the worship songs:D
-We are doing a 24/4 week of prayer so not a full week, but 4 days, and it has been a pretty cool session so far. My last prayer time is tonight at 10pm-11pm. Our focus this prayer time is to pray for the missions trips we will be going on.
Youth Group was cancelled this week because we had a Church Christmas Dinner instead. We had this dinner, because all the other times were cancelled during christmas because of the snow. It was a bit weird to be singing christmas carols during the end of January, but I still had fun. The youth were invited to come, so I had a good time sitting with the rowdy kids. They were a bit disappointed that they had no games to play, so I got them laughing with our conversations, and when we did the 12 days of christmas, our table was the partridge in a pear tree so we acted out something new when we stood up to sing that each stanza! Some of the youth were involved in playing instruments during the night, so it was fun to encourage them and see their performances.
-Prayer requests:
-that I can start organizing my future with Gods direction, this is starting to become a burden that I don't want to think about.
-for more time, I have been very good about my management this semester and am really buckling down, however I can just see with all the things I want to get done this semester it is going to be very busy.
- for Shannon and a trail she is working through
-for the youth of Ladysmith
-for the mission trip to Vancouver and parts of Vancouver Island.
-for classes this week and the professor Lech.
Thank you again so much for your daily prayers.
Have a great week, we are off to missions fest on thursday!
Keep smiling,
Deborah Fisk
aka FISH!
p.s. sorry that there are no pictures, I do not have a cord to transfer items off my camera to the mac computer yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment