Monday, 2 February 2009

Kaleo Ministry- a heart of ministry

Alivia, Jen, Miranda and I up mt. "zoo-hay-len" last semester in the fog!
Paul, Tom and I wasting time as we wait for the seminar!
Mir and I taking the streets of Vancouver!
The view from our snowboarding retreat of Mt. Albert-Edward (the first trip we had- WE CLIMBED TO THE TOP OF THE POINTY MT!!)


for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. -Romans 3:23

So Finally some pictures again, sorry about that.
So again this week was everywhere with a bit of everything.
a few highlights
-we had fireside, so Leila, Aaron and I went out with Isaac a staff member, got coffee at coffee on the moon, and had a great time talking...i had a great night with those 3!
-some boys from the India missions team had to jump in the ocean because they lost a bet to the girls, so to our enjoyment we were spectating the cold jump!
-got to go on the new ferry to Vancouver (man they are NICE!)
-tried on dresses down town, had a good time taking pictures all over the streets and just chilling down town with Kylie Kristy and Miranda...i think i broke into dance in the middle of the street too!
-spent the night at (inner hope) the organization/house we hope to be staying at in Vancouver for our missions trip (it was kinda like a trial period).
-really enjoyed going to the Muslim mosque, i learned so much!(so interesting how close our beliefs are-and sad too!), Hindu temple i was a bit tired but man we had amazing samosas after! wow oh wow!
-really enjoyed the Friday night seminar with tony...i learned a lot about missions and  how Christians should really take a stand for it. Not being of this world, detaching from the materials and picking up your cross to follow Jesus. Man i was really fed at that sermon, but it just goes to show how hard a christian walk really is!
-got to talk to a lot of booths at missions fest, including MAF ministry aviation fellowship!
-great music at the youth rally sat morning
-India film on untouchables was so educating...and heart wrenching!
-seminar on child sex slaves in Cambodia, man that hit me hard, since I have been there and since they are so young. LORD FREE THESE GIRLS!
-enjoyed talking and hanging out with Capernwray students and kaleo students.

Unfortunately, church was a bit frustrating this week. It is starting to wear me down that this church is not being led by a pastor. Other things came up on Sunday that also got on my nerves, but I am trying to shrug it off. I have to keep practicing patience when sometimes I feel like yelling, HELLO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE! I pray that God really works in this church, it needs a revival in so many levels. Thankfully I really am connecting with the youth, and enjoy every opportunity to hang out with them on Sundays and on Fridays. Sadly I couldn't make it to youth this week, because I was on the mainland...I really miss those kids, its crazy how much they can become apart of yah. I feel like I have to look out for them, in every chance I can, give them a friendship that they can trust. 

Anyways, all in all, I had a pretty interesting week. I am learning, and I love that we become more educated people by just following God. Right now I have started Old Testament classes, and it is again opening me to some stuff that I never really thought about.

-Prayer requests:
-for Ladysmith
-for my prof
-for good health
-for a continuous work ethic
-for appreciation of the beauty around me!
-for a heart for missions!
-for my unknowing future!

have a great week
much love

deb fisk
FISH

KEEP SMILING!

No comments: