Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Reading Break!!

Hey again!

So I have a lot to do this week in terms of homework. I thought I would tell everyone at once how my reading break was and then I can focus on all my work and not worry about sending out a truck load of emails!

Okay here I go...
So monday a few kaleo students including myself went skiing/boarding at Mt. Washington...it was a lot of fun ...I got more aggressive with jumping, and I got to hang out in small groups with some of the kaleo peeps!
Tuesday we had more theology class, which was really good because we got to here more about the role of women in the church and just history of women in general. Things like, Adam only received direct instructions by God not to eat the fruit of the forbidden trees, and thus Eve received the information second hand. On top of that Adam was right with Eve as she was plucking the fruit off the tree, he did not try and stop here. (information like that) The rest of tuesday I was doing Homework Homework Homework.
Wednesday- Homework and packing until 4 am thursday morning (where 10 Kaleo students hoped on a ferry together including me ...excitingly awaiting the trip to Saskatchewan!
Thursday- Picking up other people throughout B.C. like in Kelowna, Chilliwack, and Coquitlam. From Kelowna we had everyone on the bus (24 youth, so we all had two seats to ourselves which was VERY NICE!). Revelstoke had a SWEET ghost town that I REALLY must check out again. There was such a great view all the way for our drive, of mountains, rivers, and just the beauty of God's creation. By the end of Thursday we were all pooped and stopped at Golden for the night (it is the law that a bus driver needs 8 hours sleep). So we went to bed around 9 and woke up at like 4 am and was on the road again. 
Friday- from Golden we went through Calgary and all the way to Caronport. Man was it an eye opening experience. To see beautiful mountains to the flat lands of the prairies. WOW OH WOW....i couldn't believe it! plus seeing the oil riggs! wow that was cool....and seeing nothing for as far as my eye could see was kind of scary! Our bus driver dropped us off at Briercrest at around 4:45 (btw or driver was so nice...her name was Brenda and she did such a great job of taking care of us!). 
anyways so then once we got off the bus into the cold winds, we went inside for the first time and got in line for registration. From there I went to Olivia's room for the weekend (she was the same girl that spent a week at kaleo in my room so it was nice to stay with a familiar face!). We dropped off our stuff, had a super quick bite to eat, and then went to the kick-off in the massive chapel room. It was a sweet play that joked around with our everyday actors and popular music. From there I went to a play with the dance crew there called Refined/Undignified. AMAZING!  then to a main session in the chapel!.. to a concert with Tipmeter, Britt Nicole, and Red...Unfortunately it wasn't that good as I spent most of my time sitting on a chair and reading a sermon, or walking around outside, or waiting for one amazing song by Red which they happened to play at the very end...so I wasn't really impressed with the bad choices this year...but thats okay because I got a  lot more out of the speaking and the experience.
Saturday- I went to the Flying Wallendas, a circus crew that travels the world bringing the gospel into their preformance...it was pretty good:D Juggling tight rope walking, clowns, flying rope girl lol. Another main session after that, lunch, watched Jake Daniel and Nate (Jakes little brother) with the 3/3 tournament this week, I along with Daneille Jesse and Erin were their cheer leaders (I ended up getting a free t-shirt because of my cheering too!:D). Then hearing Brett Ullman talk for Dating.for.life...i really enjoyed what he had to say. from that to supper...to a main session to a dance workshop with refined/undignified (now i have some moves!!)...to a praise session with Downhere...man was it good...i was up near the stage with Erin Wags Daneilles brother(Ryan) Josh and David. It was amazing!We worshiped until like 2 in the morning!
Sunday-breakfast, last main session (I actually fell asleep I was so tired from the weekend), lunch, said goodbye to all the cool past kaleos that we met at briercrest (man did they treat us like family!)..and were off our way on the bus ride home! 
I forgot to tell you! I am sponsoring a child! YUP IM A MUM! His name is Jhon Paul Ulloa Pabon from Ecuador. He is born on April 24, 1998, enjoys soccer, runs home errands, and needed immediate support! I picked him up and couldn't his picture down. How are you supposed to just pick one, or go through all the kids and pick your favourite! It is almost cruel! None the less I am supporting this boy for 35 dollars a month and couldnt be more happy! I am so thankful he is part of my family in a way, and I get to write him letters, I cannot wait until I send him my first one!
Yah so overall Youth Quake was amazing, and I am so happy I went. The speakers were so good, I got to meet a lot of past Kaleo people, I got to see the interesting land of saskatchewan and just had a great time....sure the bus ride was long, and I am probably lacking a ton of sleep, but it was all worth it! Bus rides were filled with pit stops, sleeping, deep talks, catch phrase the game, a movie or two and just chilling with the ipod in my ears playing some new music I got from ryan before I left.

I hope you all enjoyed this long read, and sorry there are no pictures! I will have to upload them later.
I am off for lunch and then continuing my huge load of hw.
Please pray that I get it all done..I will not be checking emails really until march 1st because I need to get this work done, so I thought I would tell you this here and then you all know how my time was instead of me emailing a whole bunch!

Hope you all have had an amazing week and enjoy the sun of this one (its a beautiful tuesday morning here!)

P.s. one last epic story of the trip....so we are coming back (this is monday)...and we have dropped off everyone from all over vancouver...we are the last people to get off the bus for the end of the trip. SOOOO... we would really like to catch the 5:45 ferry and not have to wait 2 more hours until the next ferry...so our bus driver is trying really hard to get there as fast as she can, and thank the lord We got A LOT of green lights:D anyways long story short we are cutting it really close 10 mins before the ferry is about to leave we finally arrive at the terminal. We have josh run to the ticket place and ask the man if we can still get on, while this is happening all of the other kaleo students including me are sprinting off the bus and grabbing our bags. At that very moment another bus load of people come up behind us and start heading towards the ticket booth. So I sprint a head with bags in hand and get in line...Once I get there he asks me where I was going and I oddly say Departure Bay ...and he says in a weird tone NANIAMO?! immediately he says you better run after i start giving him my money and I am like WAIT! there are still more with me...so I get everyone to budge in front of line with me. We all want to pay separately, but he said the only way we can make it on is if we pay all together. So I am like uhhhh this isnt going to work...then Ben comes to the rescue and says how much will it cost. At first someone says that there is 17 of us so we get charged like 300 bucks but im like no there isnt and i YELL there is only 10! (TIME IS WASTING!)....so we get everything under control and ben dishes out like 160 bucks or smth like that and the only reason he had that money in his wallet was because his brother gave him the money for his india missions trip....ben said to his brother that he didnt need it...but his brother sam was like you never know when u might need this money! HOW FUNNY IS THAT?!
lol anyways so we run with our bags and start heading in the wrong direction when this man yells NANIAMO THIS WAY...so we start running onto the road where most of the cars go to get on the ferry...we have like no time...we are running with our massive bags in arms and yelling and laughing and just haviing a hilarious time ...kinda felt like we were in a serious bums rush! As we get to the rap the lady is like tickets please...and all the people that ran fast including me stop turn around and yell BEEENNNNNN!  ben comes flying out of no where hands them the tickets and we walk on laughing and thinking of how much an "AMAZING RACE" experience we just had! lol

Hope you enjoyed the story!

all in all i had a great time!
wow good old memories

love you all

keep smiling

debb

No comments: