Hello yet again! can you believe it is march, 2009 seems to be flying by! Am I the only one who thinks this??!! I'd also like to take this time to say that it is snowing like CRAZY! and sticking, and thick and white and SO PEACEFUL! wow out west is getting some weird on and off weather!
So I would just like to apologize that I did not take any pictures in Sask! I know I feel horrible, but there is nothing I could do about it, we were driving on the bus straight through Sask...and once I got to Caronport, I had so much to do that by the time I did have a minute to think it was already night time. I guess I will just have to go through there again on a road trip! anyone wanna go on a road trip with me?!?!:D
So this week we had Gospels class! I learned more than I ever dreamed of learning...and if you want to talk about the gospels anytime soon I'd be more than willing! Here are a few passages that I really enjoyed reading. Luke 14:8-11, Matthew 6:25-34, John 13:10. There is so much knowledge in the Bible, I honestly feel overwhelmed, but in a good way!
This week besides classes, and tons of work, I haven't been up to a whole lot.
I've had a few wrestling matches, had a few meetings about our missions trip, studied a bunch for my gospels exam, played football with Kylie, got a sweet shirt and scarf from the salvation army for 3 bucks in total! what a steal of a deal for a college student:D, played drums with some of the kaleo guys on guitars and bass, practiced some piano. stuff like that.
two funny things this week that i'll tell yah about.
1) I randomly went round this week to different peoples computers. When they left to have a break, or left to get some food, I would jump on their word document, and write a random story about anything (plants, animals, cutlery) and put a twist on the story and leave before they caught me. Lol so once they got back to their computer to start working, SURPRISE STORY TIME! It was a pretty grandiose moment!
2) So my church buddy Ben and I kinda have a funny history. We have both been caught saying mushy things to each other when we did not intend it to come out like that. So since then, all the kaleo people have a joke that we should be dating! HAHAHAHHAAH oh man what I get myself into! Anyways just so you guys get the point, here are a few examples of things I have said to Ben "you complete my heart"..."I love you" and he has said stuff like "I wouldn't have it any other way"...you get the idea. Ironically, these moments have happened when you don't even realize what your saying ..for example I said I love you to Benny boy when I was hanging up the phone, I didn't even think about it lol. So anyways long story short, Ben and I want have some serious studying for gospels, so we decide to study together and test each other. On the outside of the door I put a sign (so people wouldn't come in and out disturbing us)...Ben and Deb's study date ...SHHH WE ARE WORKING!! well of course I wasn't thinking, and the next time I go out to get some popcorn and have a break from memorizing, i see on the door "Deb's and Ben's HOT DATE!" lol it was quite comical!
Good old times!
Youth Group was pretty good this week, we went to Naniamo to hang out with another youth group. We played some games, won some chocolate, and played a massive game of 4 on the couch! Let's just say I am a pro at that game, for future reference YOU WANT ME ON YOUR TEAM! Not meaning to brag or anything;D It was super cute, I hadn't been at youth for 2 weeks, and as soon as our car pulls into the church, everyone runs and hugs me and tells me how awesome my hair looks and where they want me to sit on the car ride over. lol it was pretty cute. I am going to miss those kids, by the end of the night they asked me how much more of kaleo I had left. When they found out it was a month and a bit, they were all pretty upset and said i had to give each of them something to remember them by. OH MAN ...I'm gonna have to dig through my stuff!/ write a lot of letters! The best thing was, I told them where I was going for my missions trip, and a few of them said they would pray for me every day! sigh ...I could use all the prayers I could get!
So I am writing this blog to you early because I leave for Vancouver (for my missions trip) Sunday right after church. There are four of us going, and with no leader (we are leading ourselves). Kylie, Malayne, Aaron and I are going first to help the ministry of Inner Hope in Vancouver, and then we are coming back to the island to do missions work up at Ucluelet, and Copper Island. Pray for E.P.I.C Mission (that's what we call ourselves- it stands for energetically praying in community--pretty cool eh? we made it up ourselves).
Please pray that God really guides our work on Vancouver and Vancouver Island, that we will be full with servant hearts, that God's light will shine in the dark areas of the inner city, that God will give us words when talking about our faith.
Also, could I ask you to pray for.
-Youth at my church, that they will be spiritually fed.
-for protection for all the missions trips.
-for health.
-for wisdom and also a calm heart.
-for a friend in Taiwan who is hurting, and does not know why he has to be nice when he receives nothing in return.
Answer to prayer-
-God gave me a calm heart for all the work that had to be done (I wasn't consumed in stress for once).
I hope you all have a good two weeks!
I will probably not be blogging again until when I get back from both missions trips. I return on the 26th of march, but will return to Qwanoes for a day from Vancouver on the 16th or 17th.
Keep smiling!
Love as always,
-Fish-
Debb!
No comments:
Post a Comment