Thursday, 26 March 2009

Kaleo Ministry- Ucluelet and the rain!

two of the girls among others (but Suzie and Randi-lee were the only girls that showed up on Friday)
the Friday group!!!
Little Johnny and me...it was pretty funny because he was too small to understand the concept of telephone...so I put him on my "team" lol even though it was an individual person game.
the waves and rocky shore of Ucluelet!! MALAYNE AND I OWN THOSE ROCKS!
the largest tree in cathedral grove! its the one that im in front of!

Epic Mission - Part Bà off to Ucluelet!

Day eight [march 16, 2009]

-Stopped at Coombs (goats on the roof store). Grandpa I used most of the 10 dollars you gave me to buy a loaf of cheese bread, and a Jamaican pop.

-Stopped at Cathedral grove to take some pics with the trees.

-got every type of precipitation on our drive out to Ucluelet (rain, hail, snow, slush, super thick snow etc!).

-unpacked at a church that we were staying at for the week.

-went to the lighthouse to try and find some whales (which I didn’t all weekL tear!).

-went for a walk down the main street in this little town and took some pictures in the puddles.

 

Day nine

-set up the room we were working at on the reserve. (the day camp from 10am to 2pm.)

-had four kids the first day, we played tons of indoor games, sand songs, had a bible study, craft, lunch, and more games (this is how the week went from Monday to Friday).

-Searched for some more games for the week, and had dinner at Aaron’s and Julies house (the leaders that invited us to help out with their spring break day camp).

- this night we decided to watch Hotel Rwanda…a very moving yet frustrating movie!

 

Day ten

-today we had 11 kids…it was so much fun playing with them, laughing with them, and just showing them that we cared. They were amazing! All of them were my favorites, I couldn’t say any specifically suck out to me, because I loved them all so much!

-after the spring break event, malayne and I went for a run, and had a good old conversation by the lighthouse.

-Had another dinner at Julies and Aarons, where we ate crab the first nations way. It was pretty intenseJ but funny none the less. We ended the night playing a good game of dictionary where my team won!:) Malayne Kylie and I VS. Aaron D., Aaron and Julie.

- we had to move to a B and B for a few days because someone was using the church, but that was fine by me for a better sleep then on the floor.

 

Day Eleven

-another usual day with the kids, had a blast with them like usual! Such a treat meeting all of them! I brought out a game today that they all loved, balloon tag, where every kid gets two balloons tied around their leg, and when they are let loose everyone has to try and pop everyone else’s balloons, and the last person standing with a balloon around his or her ankle is the winner. They loved that one!

-we cleaned up one of the halls well after our camp just for some service to do for the community.

-good talks with the epic missions team.

-cooked our own dinners

 

Day Twelve

-we were in a different hall then normal, because the big hall was  being used, and when I saw the small room that we had to use I almost died of laughter, but I made the small room work, and we had fun playing singing doing crafts and eating. It worked out really well, God blessed us again, and as usual I was flexible to think of new games and use different games (like we played dictionary and the kids really liked that one too). It was really funny there was one small kid named Johnny, and when I gave him a word or two that he had to draw, each time that I told him something he would always draw his dog…and be in his own world. It was so cute!!! SO CUTE!

-went for a run on the wild pacific trail with our missions team!

-took Aaron and Julie out for dinner at Delacodos…good time of fellowship.

 

Day Thirteen

-Last day of the spring break even with the kids. Thought up of different games with prizes that were candy gummy worms. It was so great that throughout the week, kids were getting stories about God and creation, and then the last two days were about Jesus and his life and death. I pray that a seed is really planted for God to work on these kids. They are all so special! It was pretty sad saying goodbye to the kids, I want to still work with them! Max made me a necklace and gave me some pictures, suzie painted a clay figure for me, randi-lee and Waylon and I had some pretty funny moments. There’s so much to remember…I MISS THEM!

-  another dinner at Aarons and Julies house..had a great time with laughs, fellowship, prayer, playing with their cat (that was as cool as a Dog), and playing with baby Allison.

-packed for our trip to copper island.

No comments: